Our College operates in “The Clancy Way” building our relationships on the values of Faith, Hope, Pride, Respect and Compassion.
As a Catholic Learning community, our mission is to raise an awareness if social responsibility amongst our young people. We are a community active in making a difference, building links with places as far away as Vietnam and East Timor and as close to us as Liverpool, Villawood and Carnes Hill.
We Challenge ourselves to be active in our faith, to turn our rebliefs into good deeds and to turn away our prejudices, our capacity to ignore and condemn.
In this way, we can truly love like Christ.
Teaching and Learning
Our Vision for teaching and learning reflects five main principles that:
- our learning community reflects our motto “To Love Like Christ”;
- the students are at the centre of all we do;
- we meet the potential of every student;
- we celebrate high standards and success in a positive learning environment;
- we build a learning community that continues to pioneer and seek improvement.
Other programs include: Newman gifted program and Clancy University which are initiatives developed to enhance and excel our high achieving students. Clancy Catholic College has been named twice as an Apple Distinguished School for Innovation, Leadership and Educational Excellence.
We are committed to ensuring this community will continue to be:
- welcoming, calm and safe;
- built on strong relationships;
- a place of collaboration between students, parents, pastors and teachers;
- a place of compassion and forgiveness;
- a community of acceptance, excellence and achievement;
Our Pastoral Care system reflects the very best practice in care for the development and well-being of young people.
Clancy features outstanding facilities, with the College Chapel at its core. Other facilities include:
- innovative Science rooms, including dual-purpose classrooms and laboratories;
- open and flexible learning spaces;
- Music, Drama and Visual Arts facilities;
- Technology and Applied Sciences facilities, including an industry standard hospitality kitchen and professionally equipped construction workshops;
- an independent learning centre;
Our Co-Curricular Program
At Clancy, sport plays a significant role in the co-curricular life of the College. Students have opportunities to participate in many sports as well as activities such as Dance and Theatre Sports.
Students also have opportunities to represent their College at a regional, state or even national level.
Other initiatives supported at the College include:
- Homework Club
- Public Speaking
- Mock Trial
- Evangelisation Group
- Social Outreach Group
- Catholic Schools Performing Arts (CaSPA)
- Maestro Music School
- Arts and Culture Night
- SPARK – teaching refugee children to read
- Vinnies Brekky Van